This article was written by: Nikkie Balaz, a contributing author for Moverzfax.com, the leading consumer protection portal for the moving industry.
When relocating, almost all of us face the same set of problems- how to get in touch with the best movers, who to trust our belongings with, a competitive price and what not. If you are looking for an answer to these questions, fear not. You have come to the right place.
Our aim is to help ease the process of relocating and help you find the right movers at competitive prices. Here are a few tips that will help you know what to look out for when deciding whom to choose.
- First and foremost, get recommendations.-Make use of friends and family, Google and phone books to find out the options near you because you will want to get estimate in person of how much the move is going to cost.
- Cheapest may not be the best- Big companies may have achieved their names through stellar services and great customer recommendations. You may not know why different companies charge differently unless you carefully go through their website and details. Do your research because ultimately you want your belongings to be in safe and capable hands.
- Start comparing and eliminating to get the best- Once you have come up with an initial list of companies, start screening the companies to finally end up with a list of 4-5 companies that you would want to call for an in-person estimate. Compare the bids once they are done to choose the best.
- Choose an experienced team- It’s easy to differentiate between them as an inexperienced team is one that would require constant supervision and instructions from you. This may cause you to waste valuable time on moving day.
An experienced team will have trained staff who will know exactly how to pack each item. They will also be courteous and well-behaved which is an added bonus. This saves you time and effort.
- Distance should be a problem- Whether it’s a few kilometers or across state lines, your packers and movers should be able to offer you the same level of services and competitive pricing. An inexperienced team may decide lighter packing for shorter distances which may be a huge mistake because accidents can happen anywhere.
- During estimation, be sure to show the estimator all of your belongings that need to move to destination- Attics, toilets, basements. If on the day of service, the mover feels notices added items to load into the truck, they may charge you additional feel for added items. This may put you in a difficult financial dilemma.
- Time is of essence-Inexperienced movers will tend to waste time going back and forth for supplies and manpower. In our busy lives, we have no time for all this. Whereas experienced movers will perfectly assess the situation before hand and come prepared to make our lives easier.
Please keep all these tips in mind while relocating to make your process fun and hassle free. Happy moving!