4-5 Weeks before move
- Order the necessary packing material such as boxes, bubble wrap. Be sure to identify which boxes are necessary for the move. Labeling is key.
- Identify the contents of each box and the room in which it is to be placed at destination.
- Arrange for applicable information to be provided by schools for children transferring from one establishment to the other.
3 Weeks before move
- Call the current utility and phone companies to disconnect services the day of the move.
- Call the same companies from above and reconnect your service is the new location.
- Where necessary reserve elevators and/or loading docks. If Condo or apartment building, locate these elevators.
2 Weeks before move
- Alert friends and family new changes of addresses to contact you.
- Make the new change of addresses at the post office to transfer your mail to a new location. Click here for more information.
- Arrange for the discontinuation or transfer of delivery services (newspapers, magazines, etc...).
1 Week before move
- Work on appliances that need to be ready for the move, such as freezers, refrigerator.
- Make arrangements for moving costs and other expenses
- Pickup information from schools to be transferred to location.
- Provide the new phone number and all other phone numbers where you can be reached while shipment is in transit. Make sure to take along the destination agent's name, address and telephone number.
- Provide the driver with clear directions to your new home
- Let ProAce International Moving and Storage handle all the rest!